Kyle Gracin Lewis was a beautiful healthy 7 year old who loved life…
swimming, baseball, camping, and riding his dirt bike…he was 100% boy!
He had a huge heart and lots of love to share with everyone he met. His hugs were the best and his smile lit up the world.
On August 29th, 2010, after a week full of smiles, swimming, fishing, boating, camping, and good ol' family time...our world stopped when Kyle went to be with the Lord.
Kyle passed away from the brain infection Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis (PAM) which was caused
by the water-born amoeba Naegleria Fowleri.
What we quickly found out was that this brain-eating parasite is common in fresh warm water and the infection it causes has no cure and as we painfully knew, progresses too rapidly for any life to have a chance against it!
What we also learned was that there are ways to avoid the amoeba and prevent the infection.
Kyle's family and friends are now dedicated to making others AWARE of this AMOEBA.